Sunday, November 4, 2012

On Gowns, Suits and Dresses ( A Review)


78 days since getting married and finally taking my time writing the second of our many more reviews.

Since I already finished writing our review for our preps hotel -> http://kasalnijaming.blogspot.com/2012/10/review-picasso-boutique-serviced.html

This time I'll be writing about the wedding attires




1. Ysabelle Wedding Gowns (168 Mall branch) 
    Rating: Perfect 5!

My search for that perfect wedding gown was not easy, and this has also been well documented. :) And, since we never wanted to pay big bucks for a gown that I will be wearing for a day (or half my wedding day in my case), we decided to look for THE GOWN in 168. After going around and around, we finally found the perfect gown, with the perfect fit and the perfect price :)

Final fitting in 168
 Full view of the gown on the BIG day :)

Back view of the gown with my looong veil (The veil was part of the package, 4m but we paid for extra 3 meters more :))

Receipt of our wedding gown for the non-believers. haha!
Many were really surprised when I tell them that my gown is a divi gown and only worth 6000Php complete with the accessories, and many were surprised even more when I told them the gown was a perfect fit from the start, but I wanted to lose more weight so we needed an alteration. hehe. It was really a perfect match. And the gorgeous pictures says it all. What can I say, my gown is PHOTOGENIC :)

2. Gemart Bridal Boutique, 168 Mall
    Rating: Perfect 5!

Since Jam wanted a coat for his wedding suit, we decided to look for one in 168, it would only make sense since we are trying to limit our budget for the wedding attires. We found the perfect color and design, and the rest is history. We went back for the measurements, and then went back for the first and final fitting. Perfect in every way. :)

Jam rockin' his perfect wedding suit :)

Read more here: http://kasalnijaming.blogspot.com/2012/06/perfect-suit.html

3. The ENTOURAGE. 
Rating: Perfect 5!

We had long decided that we wanted Infinity dresses for our entourage since it is more practical. We found the dresses in 168 (We're a big fan, what can I say. :)), particularly in Apartment 8 store.

The infinity dress was way cheaper as compared to custom made gowns (prices range from 700 to 900 depending on style). And since our motiff was gray and blue, we had no trouble finding the right color for us. In this case, we decided on getting gray dresses (paired with colorful shoes and equally colorful flowers).

Since this is more of a RTW buy, there's not much really to review. The dresses were nice, the cloth were of good quality and it does not become "manipis" when pulled tightly. The biggest upside was my entourage got to choose their own styles and I'm happy because everything turned out really nice. :)

For the guys, we opted to have them in a black suit, white shirt, no ties and gray chucks. We also gave them blue/gray coordinated socks (Elements brand available in all SM Department Store, the socks are made from Bamboo so it's a little more expensive than your normal dress socks, but definitely worth it :))

Here with our Maid-of-honor-Sister and Best-Man-Son :)

With our entourage!! Siblings represent! :)
Stolen from my big brother's IG account. haha. Cool socks for our equally cool entourage-brothers!

4. Girls and Boys.
Rating: Unratable. haha. :)

Since I have an Aunt with very wicked skills in dress-making (I even considered her to do my dress but she may get too stressed for that), we asked her if she can make our flower girl dresses. We found the design that we want, just simple white dress and a big blue bow at the back. Good thing she said yes. hehe! She paid for everything and just showed me the final product. I was soooo happy!! (And all the dresses fitted perfectly!)

We also decided to get the girls in matching shoes, since we didn't pay for a cent for the dresses (guilt maybe? hehe) We bought silver sparkly shoes in Payless stores (there is one in Festival mall in Alabang and one in Glorietta 3) :)

For the boys, we wanted them to wear just simple stuff so that we won't have to shell out big bucks. haha. We asked them to wear white long sleeves and black pants, and we just provided the bow ties and the suspenders (All bought from SM department store, Ties : 90 to 150Php, Suspenders: 80Php). Here is the final result:


I wanted to post our original pegs for the kids' attire but my HD died on me so my original wedding files are all gone :(

And finally, for my parents, mom's dress we bought in 168 for 1600Php, they have tons and tons of dresses to choose from (and very cheap!). Dad and little brother's suit was also custom-made in 168, although not from the same store as Jam's. I can't remember the name of the store, but I was not at all happy with the fit of the coat :| For Jam's dad and son, we just bought the coats from Landmark, easy-breezy department store shopping :)

So that's it for the wedding attire reviews. Next stop church, flowers and

No comments:

Post a Comment