Monday, November 5, 2012

Review: Hair and Make-up

1. Chinky Tanjangco
    Rating: Perfect 5! +++++++++++++
    Website: https://www.facebook.com/CJTProfessionalMakeupArtistry?fref=ts
    Cost: P8,500 (Traditional makeup for the bride and groom only)




First off, I just want to say, I never realized that bridal HMU actually costs a lot. Hehe. Anyways, it took me awhile to find my perfect HMUA, we never had a trial makeup because it costs too much, and we missed the free trial during the bridal fair, so we really based our decision on the pictures posted in the websites, plus how our conversations went with the different HMUAs we talked to.

Chinky was super bubbly from the start, kahit sa Facebook messages lang, you can't help but be bubbly too when you talk to her. Hehe. As I said, we had no trial makeup, but I trust her and her talent. :)

Read more here: http://kasalnijaming.blogspot.com/2012/05/hmua.html

On the day itself, they were the first to arrive at the hotel, call time was 3:00AM, and she arrived few minutes early. As expected, she is bubbly and very very nice. The hair and makeup, well, let me just post a pic and let you see for yourself the final result. :)

 Super inlove with my eye makeup!!

Do I look like I woke up at 2:30AM? (She can do magic I tell you!)

2. Kaye Misajon
    Rating: 4
    Price: 2 entourage and 1 MOB for 4,000 (All traditional makeup)

Kaye was not our original HMUA for our entourage, it was supposed to be Allen Gyan (Read more here: http://kasalnijaming.blogspot.com/2012/07/changing-hmua.html). Anyway, she recommended Kaye Misajon for the same price that she gave us. The original plan was HMUA for 6 (5 entourage and 1 MOB) for 8000Php, she was willing to give me the original price Allen and I agreed on, however, it was also agreed with Allen that she will have another make up artist with her and 2 hairstylist because of our time constraints (Call time is 3AM for the suppliers and entourage should be done by 630AM). 

But with Kaye, she said she'll only have one hairstylist with her, I was not comfortable with that so I decided to get another HMUA (So we'll have 2 HMUAs for my 6 entourage). On the day itself, I'm not sure what time they arrived since I was already busy, but I think they arrived on time and they finished on time. I love my sisters' both hair and makeup and my mom's as well. For the price that she gave me, it was more than what I expected. :) I'm giving a 4 rating because I was a little stressed with her while coordinating the call time and specifics of the wedding since she replies very late, like 2 to 3 days after, and this was like a week before the wedding! 
with my 2 sisters HMUA by Kaye Misajon

3. Diane Coles
    Rating: 3.5
    Price: 4000Php for 3 pax

As I mentioned earlier, Diane Coles was a last last minute decision, just to rid myself of worries on my wedding day. On the day itself, she handled my 3 sisters-in-law. She arrived on time on the day (3AM call time), but one thing worried me was that she was alone, apparently she will do both hair and makeup. Jam was calling me all throughout preps worried that she won't be able to finish the work since she was still far from done. But lo and behold, she finished everything and exactly on time :) 

I gave her 3.5 rating only because her makeup for 2 of my sisters-in-law was only so-so, I think it was a case of too much and a shade too light for the foundation. A good point though is that I loved loved loved their hair. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment