Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Hindsight is Always 20/20

After four years of marriage, the memory of our almost perfect wedding day is still fresh on my mind like it just happened yesterday.. or maybe more of like last week. haha. 

After relieving our special day for the 100000th time, there are moments when I look back and think about the things that we should have done or the things that would have made it better (though our budget wedding was awesome nonetheless). And for my sanity's sake, I listed them, and maybe I can finally move on after this. lol.


1. MIA Family Photo
Since we had a morning wedding, our preps started around 3:00AM. We were lucky because all our suppliers were there on time, but because of time constraints, we decided to take a family photo after the wedding reception.. Unfortunately, my parents left the venue to go back to the hotel before I can tell them that we still need to take photos. 

In hindsight, I should've demanded that we still take the photo even if we were running a "little" late. (we were not late it turns out, I still had to wait for a good 30 minutes in the car before the ceremony started). But as they say, hindsight is always 20/20. 

2.  RSVP!! 
It's actually easy to RSVP people nowadays because of social media. But what happened with us is we invited some relatives whom some of them I haven't even met (invited them for my father-in-law's sake) I mean, they are still family right? So we handed the invites to my FIL and asked him to tell them about our wedding. We reserved 20 seats for his side of the family and didn't confirm anymore how many are actually coming... and on the day of the wedding, only 6 showed up.
It was one of the things that we would definitely change if we can. We had a small reception venue so the number of guests were limited to 130. We had a hard time taking out people on our list, and seeing those empty seats during the wedding.. well it made us twice guilty and sad. So many people we could have invited and added on our list if we just insisted on the confirmation.

3. EAT and BE MERRY
I read a lot of blogs and forums before our big day and many have posted that you won't be able to eat during your wedding reception. And you won't believe how true it was. We had a breakfast reception and decided to get all our favorite food - bacon, eggs, pancake, pastries, beef tapa.. and even after we had seen the buffet table.. we had no appetite. None at all. Until now, I still wish I can go back and eat my heart out. 

Also, forget about everything wrong that is happening!! Just enjoy and be merry. and EAT!! get your money's worth! haha!

4. The Importance of Doing an Ocular
And not just a simple ocular. It should be done on the same time as your wedding ceremony and reception. Since we had a morning wedding, the reception started around 9:30AM and lasted until 1:00PM. We did an ocular, but we did it late in the afternoon. So on the day of the wedding, we were surprised how hot the reception venue can get because of the glass ceiling! Enderun did have fans which they graciously took out to help with the air circulation, but some guests were fanning our menus because of the heat. lol. Also, venues can look way different during the day as compared to evening time.. this maybe important if you want to see how the lighting of the venue is if your have an evening reception.

5. Remind Your Entourage of their Attires!
Our secondary sponsor, my husband's brother, forgot his pants on the day of the wedding. He thought we bought it with us the day before when we checked in at the hotel. (Why would we?!) Anyway, this caused a MAJOR breakdown for my husband.. good thing our coordinators were there to calm him down. We eventually found pants that he could wear (Maternity pants of my sister. LOL!!!!) Well, that's what he gets for forgetting his own attire -- he's forced to wear maternity flaired black pants on our wedding day. haha. :D

I think that's about it. Hopefully this list can help you avoid some minor disasters on your wedding day. I think for the most part, what made our wedding still a success was that we got an uber-amazing wedding coordinators. I swear, it would have been a disaster if it weren't for them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment