Thursday, June 7, 2012

On Drapes, Flowers and Being a Sponsor :)

Since shooting our engagement photos in Enderun last month, Jam and I we're bugged by the idea that our guests may sit and cook under the morning sun during our reception since the ceiling of Enderun has some glass panes.

We've been toying with the idea of putting drapes on the ceiling, but was hesitant since I didn't want the beautiful ceiling to be covered. Plus the fact that it was not included in our original budget. We first asked quotation from our original florist, Full Blooms, but surprise surprise, the quotation was WAY WAY WAAAAAAYYYYYY more than what we can afford, like 5 times more.





So I decided to check other florist and stumbled upon Amaranthus Florist, I sent an email, waited for a quotation and then set a meeting. Another plus for me was that he was easy to talk to and did not mind meeting halfway.. :)

We met yesterday after work, talked about first of all the drapes, Jam was doing most of the talking (which almost never happens!). We were telling Ren about not having any VIP, no couple's table, no fru-la-las. He was laughing and said that it's too simple like it's just a simple get together... and I realized. Yeah, that's exactly what we are gunning for. Like family and friends meeting and having breakfast together in a very nice place. That's exactly it. :))

Anyway, with him giving us a very reasonable price on the flowers (500php per table) and the drapes (10k for a very very nice setup),  finding a perfect arrangement for our long tables, we then decided to sign the contract and pay the down payment.

It may not be included in our budget, but it was way worth it. Can't wait to see the final setup! :)
-----------------------------------------

On a side note, after we had dinner in Glorietta 5, Jam and I walked around and stumbled upon the World Vision booth. I was thinking, now would be a good time to start supporting a kid again, since I already had an increase in my salary. So I signed the form, and I'm officially a World Vision sponsor again. :) This made my day extra extra happy. :D

Also encouraging everyone to be a sponsor. Visit any World Vision booth today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment